HEY. This is the letter I'm sending to everyone I know on the net with bikes.
Hey I am sending this to you because I think my review of my experience with solid mountain-bike tires would interest you.
Also, the brand I'm talking about is Greentyre (http://www.greentyre.com ) ...
I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW HOW AWESOME THESE SOLID POLYURETHANE TIRES ARE!
(Bike shops talk negatively about these tires because they will lose flat-repair business! I want to counter their negative propaganda.) Now, on with my account:
1) They are NOT heavy. They weigh the SAME as my old tires and tubes. (Seriously, I couldn't believe it either.)
2) They do NOT damage the wheels. (I have taken them through hell with no problems.)
3) They feel a little hard - like well inflated tires (like inflating your MTB tires to 50 or 60 psi.) But they feel GOOD.
4) Installation was a *little* harder than described on their page. It took my Dad and I and about 6 minutes per tire. But that's not bad at all! Plus the customer service was great and they walked me through the installation over the phone.
5) They look nice. Lower profile than standard big MTB tires, but real nice looking.
6) NOTHING stops them. I drove through the same sticker patch that caused my previous flat and it does nothing because the tires are SOLID.
7) They are a perfect combo for on-road and off-road because they are fairly hard, so you get good energy-to-road transfer --- yet the traction is still really good!
BOTTOM LINE: I LOVE THESE TIRES AND HOPE TO *GOD* THIS COMPANY STAYS IN
PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO YOUR MOUNTAINBIKING FRIENDS. And SAVE this EMAIL --- if you get these tires E-MAIL me at email@example.com and I can give you some installation tips that helped me.
THE GREENTYRE TIRES MAKE OLD TIRES FEEL LIKE *OLD TECHNOLOGY*! I will never use another kind of tire. Please check them out at http://www.greentyre.com AND PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU'VE HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH THEM!!!
LONG LIVE GREENTYRE! pass this message to your other MTB friends, PLEASE!
Remember, http://www.greentyre.com !!!!!!!!
Thanks, and sorry to bug you:
Matthew G. Cox firstname.lastname@example.org